Quitting cold turkey

Dear smoker, 

I am just a smoking survivor! This is not to tell you how to stop. It is to let you know I quit. After over twenty years of inhaling tobacco, I announce my abstention from blazing coffin nails. Two decades elapsed ruining the temple of mine. 

"Old habit never die" they frequently said. Multicoloured lighters, vintage matchsticks, chic cigar boxes, rolling machines, rolling papers and filters dwell my drawers. But the good news, I look at them as I have never placed a cig between my lips.

I still remember the first time I lit one. Nobody pushed me to be a smoker but the urge of nicotine accompanied me along the way.

You ask me what is the difference? I tell you. It is the smell of my breathes, fingers and clothes. 

You are free now but always remember you do not have an access to the wrongdoing behind consuming a daily pack of cigarettes. 

I know it in my bones!

Best,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating on the Cloud

Are You Willing to THINK

Knead in need